The E-flite® UMX™ F-16 EDF jet is inspired by the engineering and world-renowned service record of the original by offering the excitement of a great flying RC jet you can enjoy just about anywhere.
The Officially Licensed Ultra Micro Thunderbird
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team has been inspiring aviation fans since the very start of the jet age. Going into a 33 year run, the incredible Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon multi-role jet platform has been an exemplary part of the precision and dedication for which the team is known. The E-flite® UMX™ F-16 EDF jet is inspired by the engineering and world-renowned service record of the original by offering the excitement of a great flying RC jet you can enjoy just about anywhere.
You’ll enjoy four-channel precision with an operational rudder and full-flying horizontal stabilizers that provide both pitch and roll control. A steerable nose wheel helps you maneuver on the ground so that you can keep the air show going from startup to shut down. In the air, innovative AS3X® technology makes this show stopping EDF perform as if you’re at the controls of jet that’s been expertly tuned.
All you need to fly the UMX F-16 EDF right away is a 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2®/DSMX® 2.4GHz technology that’s capable of dual rates and expo, 280mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po battery (EFLB2802S30 recommended) and a suitable charger.
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel ultra micro receiver is what helps give the E-flite® UMX™ F-16 jet an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced while control feel is always rock-solid so you can make your maneuvers look great. It’s an impressive flight experience that will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly-tuned jet that’s much larger.
The UMX™ F-16 is officially licensed by Lockheed Martin and is a near 1/32nd scale replica of the Fighting Falcon with a trim scheme inspired by the United States Air Force Thunderbirds precision aerobatics show team.
Full-flying horizontal stabilizers provide highly-effective pitch and roll control and a lightweight setup that still provides 4-channel functionality.
The installed E-flite® Delta-V 180m EDF ducted fan system is tuned with a new 13500Kv motor to deliver smooth power. When combined with the engineered ducting of the UMX F-16, you get a thrilling jet experience that can be enjoyed just about anywhere.
The lightweight landing gear setup features nose wheel steering that allows you to guide your UMX F-16 on smooth runways. The wire struts simply plug-in, so they can be easily removed for faster flight performance.
Because the UMX F-16 comes out of the box fully assembled, all you have to do is charge the recommended 280mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po (EFLB2802S30) battery, bind the jet to your 6-channel computer radio equipped with genuine Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX technology and fly.
- Ultra-lightweight, fully assembled airframe
- Advanced AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Officially licensed Lockheed Martin F-16 body design
- Operational full-flying horizontal stabilizers
- Proportional four-channel control
- Removable landing gear and steerable nose wheel
- Brushless Delta-V® 180m EDF (installed)
- High-speed, 13500Kv brushless motor (installed)
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- 3 × Performance linear long-throw servos (installed)
- Fits a 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C Li-Po battery (required, EFLB2802S30)
- Engineered inlet and exhaust ducting
- 1/32-size appropriate for most aftermarket decals
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Material: Foam
- Wingspan: 11.6 in (295mm)
- Length: 17 in (434mm)
- Wing Area: 37 sq in (2.39 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 2.8 oz (80g)
- EDF Size: 28mm EDF unit with BL180m, 13500Kv motor (installed)
- Recommended Motor Battery: 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo Battery
- Minimum Required Radio: Spektrum DX6
- Recommended Fuel: Electric
- Flaps: No
- Retracts: No
- Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
No FAA registration required