The E-flite® Apprentice® S 15e BNF airplane is an exceptional trainer featuring groundbreaking SAFE technology.
It’s a blast to fly even for the intermediate pilot who will love its maneuverability and float plane conversion option. Also makes a great camera platform with addition of your favorite camera package, due to its large size and tremendous SAFE mode stability.
At its heart is groundbreaking SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that makes RC flight incredibly easy, even for the least experienced user.
Its combination of spatial awareness provides flight envelope protection which adds a degree of security never before available, while its smooth flight capability battles windy conditions so that all you feel is control that’s crisp and responsive.
Multiple levels of flight envelope protection are provided that can be reduced or removed as your skills progress, yet the "panic" feature is always there to instantly return the model to level flight if you ever lose orientation.
Requiring just minutes to assemble, you’ll appreciate how its quiet brushless power system delivers outstanding performance and long flights.
Plus it’s built to last from lightweight Z-Foam material that’s tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape.
After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Apprentice S 15e is capable of performing a wide range of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls and even inverted flight. If that’s not tribute enough to its versatility, there’s even a specially designed E-flite Apprentice S Float Set (sold separately) you can add that turns the Apprentice S 15e into a great floatplane.
All you need to fly the Apprentice S 15e right away is your favorite DSM2®/DSMX® compatible transmitter. Besides ease of use, it offers virtually unlimited model memory and voice command/alerts for a level of control and safety that compliment the Apprentice S 15e perfectly.
- SAFE technology provides spatial awareness and flight envelope protection
- The ideal beginner’s choice when learning to fly with an instructor
- Quick easy assembly
- Lightweight and durable Z-Foam construction
- Powerful 15-size, 840Kv brushless outrunner motor installed
- E-flite® 30A Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC installed
- Large, easy-access battery compartment
- Wide-stance tricycle landing gear
- Nose wheel steering for better ground handling
- Powerful 3S 3200mAh 20C Li-Po battery included
- Li-Po balancing DC charger included
You will need:
- Spektrum DSMX 5+ch Transmitter
- Wingspan: 59.0 in (1500mm)
- Overall Length: 42.5 in (1080mm)
- Wing Area: 525 sq. in. (33.7 sq. dm.)
- Flying Weight: 49.0 oz (1390 g)
- Motor Size: 15 size brushless (installed)
- Servos: 4 (included)
- Trim Scheme Colors: White Z-foam with red and black decals
- CG (center of gravity): 3-1/8 in (79.0mm) back from the leading edge of wing
- Wing Loading: 13.4 oz/sq ft
- Prop Size: 11 x 8
- Speed Control : 30 Amp Brushless ESC (installed)
- Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 3200mAh LiPo (included)
- Control Throw (Ailerons): Low=0.71 in (18mm); High=0.91 in (23mm)
- Control Throw (Elevator): Low=0.71 in (18mm); High=0.91 in (23mm)
- Control Throw (Rudder): Low=1.10 in (28mm); High=1.35 in (35mm)
- Charger: 2-3S LiPo balancing charger 0.5-3.0A (included)
- Experience Level: Beginner
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
FAA registration required