Up front is a brushless 280-size outrunner motor that’s incredibly powerful on a 3S Li-Po battery. Lightweight molded foam construction helps deliver the best power-to-weight ratio and stunning finish of the Viking trim scheme.
But it’s the specially tuned Spektrum AR6335 6-channel receiver with AS3X® technology that delivers a 3D park flyer without equal.
That’s because the AS3X system has been specially tuned for this biplane to fight the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is a locked-in control feel comparable to flying an expertly tuned aerobat that’s much larger.
Whether you’re an experienced park pilot looking for a great 3D biplane or a 3D expert who wants a super-convenient aerobatic thrill machine, the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 is ideal.
All you need to start flying today is your favorite full range 4+ channel programmable aircraft transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2®/DSMX® technology and a charged 450mAh 3S 30C 11.1V Li-Po battery.
Control the Air
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-axis) system built into the Spektrum 6-channel AR6335 nanolite receiver is what helps give the E-flite® Viking Model 12® 280 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air.
It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so that your air show passes can be laser-straight and 3D maneuvers can be performed with greater accuracy.
It’s an aerobatic flight experience you get in the convenience of park spaces, but will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned biplane that’s much larger.
A brushless 280-size, 1800Kv outrunner motor is matched to a 10-amp ESC and your 3S Li-Po battery to deliver exceptional 3D power.
Digital Servos and 3D-Size Surfaces
E-flite® 3.5-gram super sub-micro digital servos deliver a high-rate of travel and great holding power to the 3D-sized control surfaces.
Lightweight and Strong
The highly tuned airframe features rigid foam construction which makes it possible to replicate complex detail and keep weight remarkably low.
The stunning Viking Model 12® design and trim scheme is officially licensed by Jim Kimball Enterprises, Scandinavian Airshow and Aircraft Studio Design.
The Scandinavian Sensation
Scandinavian Airshow is a professional team with over 30 years of air show experience. In 2013, they presented one of the most powerful aerobatic biplanes ever conceived-the Viking Model 12®.
It’s a flawless creation designed by Kevin Kimball and built by Jim Kimball Enterprises, Inc. with a vibrant trim scheme by stylist Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design. With Jacob Holländer at the controls, the Viking Model 12 aircraft has impressed crowds all over the world. Find out more about the Viking at www.airshow.se.
- Spektrum AR6335 DSMX® 6-channel nanolite receiver (installed)
- AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Licensed replica of the Scandinavian Airshow Model 12®
- Easy to complete final assembly
- Powerful 280-size brushless motor (installed)
- 10-amp,11.1V brushless ESC (installed)
- (4) 3.5-gram digital super sub-micro servos (installed)
- 3D-size, double-beveled control surfaces (installed)
- Robust wire landing gear and steerable tail wheel
You will need:
- You will need a Spektrum DSMX Transmitter
- 11.1V 3S 450mAh LiPo battery
- 3S LiPo battery charger
- Wingspan: 22.2 in (565mm)
- Overall Length: 24.4 in (620mm)
- Wing Area: 197.0 sq. in. (12.7 sq. dm.)
- Flying Weight: 8.80 oz (250 g)
- Motor Size: 280-Size Brushless Outrunner (installed)
- Servos: (4) 3.5 g digital servos (installed)
- Prop Size: 6.8 x 3.5
- Spinner Size: 1.37 in (35mm)
- Speed Control : 10-Amp Brushless (installed)
- Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 450mAh LiPo
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
FAA registration required