The evolution of the 22™ platform continues with the 22 3.0 buggy. Changes include a wider chassis, new motor location and a revised suspension. The kit also includes the option parts necessary to build a pro-level vehicle, right out of the box.
The 22™ 3.0 buggy has been designed to give racers a versatile platform that easily adapts to changing track conditions without requiring a lot tuning changes.
3-Gear Transmission with Revised Motor Location
The motor location is 12mm closer to the diff gear than on the 2.0. This increases the rear weight bias, providing better rear grip on exit, more entry steering and a buggy that, overall, is easier to drive. The new 3-gear transmission decreases chassis roll, greatly improving the vehicle's stability, consistency and braking. A 4-gear transmission is available separately for lower-grip tracks and different driving styles.
No-Compromise, Mid-Motor Design
Focusing solely on a mid-motor design eliminated the weight and engineering compromises inherent in a chassis with two mounting options.
Transverse Battery Mounting
The wider, 2.5mm aluminum chassis and molded mud guards include the option to mount saddle and shorty Li-Po packs across the chassis. Shorty Li-Po packs can also be mounted fore to aft. This allows for more weight bias tuning front to rear and wider placement of battery weight. The result is a more stable buggy without an increase in static weight.
Option Parts Included
Many of the parts included with this kit are popular upgrades that provide everything needed to build a pro-level buggy right out of the box. This includes milled, 7075-T6 aluminum parts like the top shaft, adjustable rear pivot mounts, motor plate, rear camber block, shock bleeder caps and ball stud spacers throughout. Machined shock pistons and bushings, Ti-CN coated shock shafts and hinge pins, C3 spec hub bearings, low frequency springs and the heavy duty slipper system are also included.
Revised Front Suspension Geometry
All-new front caster blocks and suspension arms allow for variable length arm adjustment. This makes it possible to run with short or long front-arm geometry. This, together with the bell crank steering system, provides the same amazing steering 22™ drivers have come to love, but with a more consistent feel between different surfaces. It all adds up to a buggy with neutral balance that requires less tuning from track to track to maximize performance.
Revised Rear Suspension Geometry
The rear pivot is 2mm wider, giving the buggy significantly more grip and stability without losing any corner speed. The rear arm has also been revised with new shock mount locations and a slightly reduced gull wing effect. This, paired with the popular '0 hole' modification that is now designed into the rear shock tower, optimizes the jumping, landing and chassis roll dynamics of the rear end for the higher rear-weight bias.
Lightweight 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis
This chassis is the same length as the optional 2.5mm chassis for the 2.0 version. It features strategically milled pockets that reduce weight without compromising strength.
Adjustable Rear Toe and Anti-Squat
The rear pivots now accept adjustable inserts that allow you to make quick toe and anti-squat adjustments without having to buy additional parts. Both adjustments are made in 0.5 degree increments. Toe adjustments range from 2.5 to 4.0 degrees. Anti-squat adjustments range from 0.0 to 3.0 degrees.
Gen II 12mm Big Bore Shocks
The new standard for performance and maintenance, these shocks feature:
- X-Ring Seals
- Machined shock bushings
- Machined 2×1.5 and 2×1.6mm pistons
- TiCN-coated shock shafts
- Aluminum bleeder screw caps
- Threaded hard anodized shock bodies
- Low frequency springs
- Spring cups that snap onto the shock shafts
Updated Ball Differential
The 22 3.0 ball differential delivers super-smooth, long lasting performance thanks to features like:
- Flattened 2nd operation outdrives
- Revised thrust washers
- Tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls
- One-piece nut
- Self-centering diff gear
Heavy Duty Slipper (HDS) pads and 78T HDS spur gears, along with grooved and tapered slipper plates, are included. They all work together to improve slipper consistency and durability.
- Mid-motor design
- Revised motor location 12mm closer to diff gear
- 3-Gear transmission (4-gear available separately)
- Transverse battery mounting option
- Optional parts included
- Revised front and rear suspension geometry
- Lightweight 2.5mm 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- Adjustable rear toe and anti-squat
- Gen II 12mm big bore shocks
- Updated ball differential
- HDS slipper
Needed To Complete
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- Pinion Gear
- Approximate Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
- Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Seal Ball Bearings
- Body: 22 3.0 Cab Forward, with optional rear fin
- Brakes: Controlled via Motor/ESC
- Chassis: 2.5mm Milled Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Completion Level: Kit
- Differential: Ball Differential
- Drivetrain: 2WD
- Front Track: 9.8 in (248.5mm)
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Height: 5.8 in (148mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
- Length: 15.0 in (382mm)
- Motor Size: 540
- Rear Track: 9.8 in (250mm)
- Servos: Not included
- Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Speed Control: Not included
- Spur Gear: 78T
- Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
- Track: 9.8 in (250mm)
- Vehicle Type: Buggy
- Weight: 54.7 oz (1550g) (track ready)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.2 in (56mm)
- Wheel Type: 22 Dish
- Wheel Width: 1.5 in (38mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.0 in (280mm)
- Width: 9.8 in (250mm)