Since its debut, the original 22-4™ buggy has been winning races all over the world. Version 2.0 refines this successful platform further with updates that include new gear differentials, revised suspension geometry and more.
Since its debut, the original 22-4™ buggy has been winning races all over the world. Version 2.0 adds refinements to this successful platform that make it easier to drive and maintain.
The all-new, low maintenance gear differentials are designed narrow, so there is no need to compromise the inner pivot or roll center widths. Besides providing improved performance on all types of surfaces, the gear diffs can be accurately and consistently tuned using diff fluid. Their cases are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum but they do not weigh any more than stock ball diffs.
Optimized Suspension Geometry
Converting to the 22™ off-set, rear-hub geometry has widened the rear track width, creating more stability in the rear end so racers can push the car harder with confidence. The 22 rear hub is paired with a vertical-mount, rear-camber block. This provides multiple adjustments that allow the rear roll center to be optimized for any conditions.
Multiple Battery Configurations
The chassis and mud guard are designed to accommodate a variety of battery configurations. A shorty pack can be mounted forward or backward on the left side of the chassis using the molded locator. Saddle packs can be mounted with one half on each side of the chassis. When using a saddle pack, the left side can be moved fore or aft to adjust weight bias.
Popular Tuning Parts Included
The kit comes standard with 12.5° aluminum caster blocks, a 2.5°rear toe plate, a pink rear sway bar, a vertical-ball stud rear camber block, front and rear CVAs and a cab-forward body. These parts maximize the buggy's performance by improving stability, balance and adjustability.
Split Belt Covers
The center belt cover can now be removed without having to remove the rear belt cover, making drivetrain maintenance quicker and easier.
This popular tuning option for the original 22-4 buggy is now included with the 2.0. The CVAs lock up under acceleration and keep the car flatter, especially during hard acceleration.
Lightweight 2.5mm 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis
The aluminum main chassis plate has been CNC machined for optimal fit and flex. Milled pockets in the chassis reduce weight, including an open pocket under the motor that reduces temps.
Centralized Forward Motor Placement
The 3-belt drive train allows for the motor to be mounted directly in the center of the chassis, and towards the front. This motor placement is optimized and gives the 22-4 2.0 a unique balance that is a dream to drive.
- Gear differentials
- Revised suspension geometry
- Multiple battery mounting configurations
- Popular tuning parts included
- The center and rear belt cover are split and do not interlock for easier maintenance
- CNC machined 2.5mm 7075-T6 aluminum chassis features milled pockets to reduce weight and maintain proper flex
- Lightweight 2.5mm 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- CVA driveshafts
- Mid-motor design
- Cab-forward body with adjustable wing
Needed To Complete
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- Pinion Gear
- Approximate Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
- Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
- Body: 1.0mm Polycarbonate, Clear
- Chassis: 2.5mm Plate, 7075-T6
- Differential: Sealed Gear Differential
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Front Track: 9.41 in (239.0mm)
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Ground Clearance: Adjustable
- Height: 6.50 in (165.1mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 2.30:1
- Length: 16.5 in (419.1mm)
- Rear Track: 9.6 in (243.9mm)
- Shock Type: Coilover, Oil Filled
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Spur Gear: 84T
- Suspension: Four Wheel Independent
- Vehicle Type: Race Kit
- Weight: Varies with Equipment
- Wheel Diameter: 2.2" (55.9mm)
- Wheel Width: Front - 1.04 in (26.0mm), Rear - 1.50 in (38.0mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.10 in (282.3mm)
- Width: 9.41 in (239.0mm)