Radian® motor gliders have made it easy for thousands of sport pilots to discover the thrill of RC soaring. The giant Radian® XL 2.6m motor glider stays true to this heritage while adding a whole new dimension of soaring excitement to the Radian line.
Ask any of the thousands of pilots who have flown one. Radian® motor gliders are the sailplanes of choice if you want a quick and easy way to experience the thrill of RC soaring or relax with a quick flight. They are so easy to fly, even pilots with no soaring experience have been able to master the art of riding thermals after just a few flights.
The giant E-flite® Radian® XL 2.6m motor glider adds a whole new dimension of soaring excitement to the Radian® line while staying true to its heritage with simple elevator/rudder/throttle/spoiler controls.
Efficient 2.6-Meter Polyhedral Wing with Spoilers
The wing, which spans just over 8 1/2 feet (102 inches) tip to tip, has been designed to provide superb thermal-grabbing capabilities while minimizing drag for maximum endurance. When it's time to return to Earth, its fully-proportional, retractable spoilers will allow you to precisely manage your descent and use less area to land.
Full-Flying Horizontal Stabilizer
The E-flite® team designed the Radian® XL motor glider with a flying horizontal stabilizer for better pitch control. Unlike a fixed-position horizontal stabilizer with a hinged elevator, the entire stabilizer rotates up or down to provide extra aerodynamic force. The result is a big glider with superb pitch response at every speed.
Easy Assembly, Transport and Storage
Putting this massive flying machine together couldn't be easier. All you need is a few minutes and a Phillips-head screwdriver. The bolt-together wing comes in three pieces-a center section with spoilers and two outer sections. The 2-piece, full-flying elevator slides into the tail and bolts together.
Brushless Power and Lightweight Construction with Z-Foam™ Material
This combination gives the model an impressive power-to-weight ratio that translates into exhilarating launch performance. The lightweight airframe also makes the motor remarkably efficient at altitude so you can spend more time hunting for thermals.
- Big and easy to fly
- Efficient 2.6-meter polyhedral wing with fully-proportional spoilers
- Full-Flying horizontal stabilizer for superb pitch control
- Assembles and disassembles in minutes
- Easy to transport and store
- Powerful, efficient brushless motor
- Constructed of durable, lightweight Z-Foam™ material
Needed To Complete
- 5+ channel transmitter with adjustable dual rates and a receiver
- 3S 3200mAh LiPo battery with an EC3™ connector and charger
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- CG (Center of Gravity): 91mm behind the leading edge @ the root
- Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
- Flying Weight: 79.5 oz (2254g)
- Landing Gear: No
- Length: 56.9 in (1444mm)
- Material: Z-Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: 5+ Channel
- Minimum Speed Control: 40A
- Motor Size: BL 10 1250Kv
- Propeller Size: 12x4
- Recommended Motor Battery: 3200mAh 3S LiPo
- Wing Area: 946.45 sq in (61.05 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 102.40 in (2.6m)
FAA registration required