Smooth and forgiving, the Calypso excels as a first electric sailplane. Ailerons are included for enjoying a wide envelope of soaring performance, and by adding optional flaps experienced glider pilots can move up to more advanced thermal chasing. Three versions — the RTF, Tx-R and Rx-R — come with a factory-installed brushless power system. Since there’s no gluing to do and the only tool needed is a screwdriver, you can have the Calypso flight-ready in just 30 minutes!
This is the Tx-R (Transmitter Ready) version that includes servos, an ESC and SLT receiver. May be flown with any compatible transmitter with the SLT (Secure Link Technology) system such as the Tactic TTX404, TACJ2404.
Why go with a Tx-R? Glad you asked.
Start with speed and ease. Tx-R aircraft help you save time and get you to the flight line faster. They’re assembled and finished and all onboard electronics are installed …including an SLT receiver. Take a Tx-R out of the box, and you’re practically ready to fly. Now that’s fast and easy.
Add flexibility to the mix. With a Tx-R, you don’t have to buy a special radio to fly. That’s because all Tx-R aircraft come with an SLT receiver. And since they do, you have two very attractive choices.
One, you can fly a Tx-R with a 2.4GHz SLT radio system from Tactic or other manufacturer. Just look for a radio with an "SLT" logo; that tells you they’re 100% compatible with the receivers in all Tx-R aircraft.
However, you may already have a favorite transmitter and don’t want to give it up. That brings up choice #2: the Tactic AnyLink2. Attach it to your transmitter and it does something amazing: it broadcasts a true 2.4GHz signal that any SLT receiver can pick up. It works with virtually all transmitters, regardless of brand, band or modulation. And It not only costs less than a new radio; it costs less than many receivers.
For ease, economy, choices and more fun, there’s nothing like Tx-R.
- Attach and align the tail by tightening just one screw.
- The two-piece wing assembles quickly and removes easily for transport.
- A large onboard compartment with magnetic hatch allows easy access to the flight battery.
- The Calypso's wheel and skid plates allow for both grass and runway landings.
- The wing includes independent aileron servos for mixing potential.
- This bright, high-contrast trim scheme is easy to track at high altitudes.
- Battery: 11.1V15C 1300mAh LiPo
- Assembled, factory-finished airframe with landing wheel and skid plates
- Factory-installed 28-30-1300kV brushless outrunner motor, 18A ESC & servos
- Factory-installed TR624 SLT receiver compatible with all SLT transmitters and the Tactic AnyLink2
- 11.1V 1300mAh 15C LiPo battery
- AC/DC balancing LiPo charger
Required to complete
- Compatible with SLT transmitter with at least 4 channels or AnyLink2 and a compatible 4-5 channel transmitter
*For optional flap installation you must purchase FLZA6008 and use a minimum 5-channel radio system.
- Wingspan: 73" (1855mm)
- Wing Area: 526 sq in (33.9 sq dm)
- Length: 47" (1195mm)
- RTF Weight: 29oz (820g)
- Center of Gravity (CG): 1/4" (6.5mm) ahead of spar
- Control Throws: High Rate Low Rate
- Elevator, Up/Down: 3/4" (19mm) 18° 1/2" (13mm) 12°
- Rudder, Right/Left: 1" (25mm) 19° 3/4" (19mm) 14°
- Ailerons, Up/Down: 5/8" (16mm) 19° 3/8" (10mm) 11°
- Flap: 7/8" (22mm) 22°
FAA registration required